Hand blenders are very convenient to have in the kitchen. They provide their utility in so many of the kitchen tasks which would otherwise take a lot of your time and energy to complete. From pureeing hot soups right in the sauce pan to making frozen drinks like smoothies and milkshakes, you can name a lot of recipes that involve the use of a hand blender. Many people prefer hand blenders over countertop blender because of their convenience in cleaning. All you have to do is remove the detachable shaft and clean it with hand or using a dishwasher if it is dishwasher safe. Every appliance needs proper handling in order to perform up to standard and live up to its average life or more. Hand blenders also require some care from your end to keep performing to the fullest. Here are some things you need to keep in mind in order to increase the life of your hand blender:
- Read the instruction manual carefully and follow all the rules regarding operation and cleaning of the blender.
- Do not immerse the blender to deep in the liquid that you are blending; the motor body should stay a safe distance above the level of liquid.
- Make sure the mixture you are blending does not have any fruit pits or bones since they will harm the blades as well as the motor.
Countertop blenders are another type of blending tools which are also very useful to have in your kitchen. Best blender on the market will save your time and efforts in performing even the toughest blending tasks. Here you can find more information on best blender reviews for you to find the right countertop blender.
How to Clean A Blender?
- It is important that you clean it properly after every use.
- To clean it, first unplug it to prevent yourself from any electric shocks.
- Before cleaning, remove the detachable blending shaft or any other attachment which you have used.
- Clean the shaft with warm water and some mild detergent. Make sure you remove the entire food residue from the blades. Rinse thoroughly.
- Clean it immediately after use, so that the food does not stick to it. In case you did not clean it immediately and want to remove dried food from it, make a mixture of vinegar and water in a bowl in the ratio 1:1 and blend it for a couple of seconds using your hand blender.
- If the shaft and the attachments are dishwasher safe, you can wash them in the dishwasher but make sure you place them in the top rack only. Bottom rack has a lot of heat coming in which can harm the shaft and the blending jug.
- Do not immerse the motor body in water. To clean it, you can wipe with a damp cloth and then dry it with a clean, dry cloth. You can wipe with a mild detergent to remove stains.
By following these tips you will ensure that your hand blender performs up to mark for many years to come. You will not have to waste time and money on buying a new hand blender at least for a couple of years.